|Base Property and Historical Use
The former NRC Duluth is located at 5019 Airport Road in Hermantown, Minnesota. The property is bordered to the north by the Duluth International Airport. The property consists of approximately 1.52 acres of improved and unimproved land. Improvements on the property include a reserve center and one small shed. The reserve center building is a 2-story concrete block building with stucco exterior, containing approximately 13,392 square feet, which was constructed by the United States Air Force as an administrative building in 1956. It was first occupied by the Navy in 1985, and was altered to create offices and classrooms to accommodate Naval Reserve use requirements. Over one-half of the parcel is wooded land. The reserve center building occupies most of the improved portion of the property.
|Closure Date, Parcels Transferred
Operational closure of NRC Duluth was on 31 Dec 2007. 1.52 acre parcel was disposed of via Public Sale to Chad's Pad, LLC on March 26, 2012. The Navy disposed of approximately 5.9 acres of land via lease terminations.