Former Naval Training Center Orlando

Former Naval Training Center Orlando

Base Summary

Base Property and Historical Use
The Naval Training Center (NTC) is located four miles from the Orlando Center Business district and occupies 1,125 acres. This acreage includes the Naval Hospital and 254 acres of unusable land contained in the four lakes at NTC. The mission of NTC is to exercise command over and coordinate the efforts of assigned subordinate commands and activities in effecting basic indoctrination for enlisted personnel. NTC also provides initial skill, advanced or other specialized training for officer and enlisted personnel of the Navy, and supports other activities as directed by higher authority.

Closure date, planned reuses, parcels transferred
NTC Orlando was closed in phases starting with the closure of the Recruit Training Command and Naval Hospital in March 1995, the Service School Command in November 1996, and the Navy Nuclear Power Training Command in December 1998. All operations ceased at the training center on 30 April 1999.

Remaining disposal work
NTC Orlando consists of 36 parcels: 4 public sale, 13 public benefit conveyances, 2 department of defense transfers, 1 negotiated sale, 2 fed-to-fed transfers, and 14 economic development conveyances. The property will be redeveloped by the Department of Interior and the City of Orlando for parks, recreation, and housing.

  • Orlando, Florida
  • Total Acreage: 2,108
  • BRAC Year: 1993
  • Closure Date: 30 Apr 1999
  • Action: Closure - 100 percent disposed. Completing BRAC Environmental actions.

WHAT'S NEW

SHARE THIS PAGE

1322 Patterson Ave. SE, Suite 1000, Washington Navy Yard, D.C. 20374-5065

  • Please read this Privacy Policy
  • GILS NUMBER DOD-USN-000702
Connect with Us